MPE Awards winners announced – Yoyo named Best Mobile Payment Solution
Yoyo was named Best Mobile Payment Solution at last night’s prestigious Merchant Payments Ecosystem Awards (MPE Awards), which took place in Berlin during the biggest conference & expo in Europe for merchant payments professionals.
The MPE Awards celebrate and honour the achievements of companies across European merchant payments ecosystem. When it launched back in 2010, it was the first European awards to recognise the outstanding role of card acquirers, processors, PSP’s, POS and payment solution providers.
Up against First Data and Verifone, Yoyo picked up the Best Mobile Payment Solution after convincing judges that influencing customer behaviour and increasing sales through a personalised mobile payment experience is the outcome every retailer is now striving for.
Michael Rolph, co-founder and CEO of Yoyo, said: “As we hurtle towards a cashless society, the big payments companies have been quick to adapt to mobile payments, but their only focus has been how to make transactions work, which has offered zero added-value to high street merchants or their customers.
“What makes Yoyo unique is our ability to identify every shopper at the moment of transaction through basket-level data insight technology, turning anonymous customers on the high street into individuals with purchasing preferences and habits.
“This basket data insight, previously only the domain of the biggest brands, blows apart the whole idea of traditional retail engagement strategies.
“Not only can it be used by retailers to segment and instantly reward their customers based on what they most like at the point-of-sale, it can also be used to set conditions to influence and reward consumer behaviours through advanced data-led marketing strategies.”
At last nights MPE Awards, Michael added: “It’s an honor for Yoyo to be acknowledged as the Best Mobile Payment Solution by those at the top of the payments industry. And it’s a real testament to the hard work of the entire Yoyo team in London.”
The full list winners at last night’s MPE Awards can be found below:
- Best Mobile Payment Solution: Yoyo
- Best Merchant Payments Partnership: Verifone
- Best On-boarding Process/Solution: BillPro
- Best POS Innovation/POS Software Payment Applications: PAYONE
- PSP Award: GPN DATA Group
- Best Processor of the Year: PPRO Group
- Best Start-up Innovation: ID-Pal
- Best Data Analytics & Science Award: Cybertonica
- Best OmniChannel Solution of the Year: AltaPay
- Best International Payment Solution: Lemon Way
- Best Acquirer of the Year: First Data
- Best Alternative Payment Solution: Saxo Payments
- Best ID, Security & Anti-fraud Solution: ACI Worldwide
- MPE Influencer of the Year: Kaching
Full details of the MPE Awards and Conference, which ends today, can be found here.